Tensile testing is a way of determining how materials will react when they are pulled apart or pushed together - when a tension force is applied.
Tensile testing is one of the simplest and most widely used mechanical tests. By measuring the force required to elongate a specimen to breaking point, material properties can be determined that will allow designers and quality managers to predict how materials and products will behave in their intended applications.
Applications for the Tensile Sample Holder:
- To determine batch quality
- To determine manufacturing consistency
- To aid in the design process
- To reduce material costs and achieve lean manufacturing goals
- To ensure compliance with international and industry standards.
Industrial applications are manifold and located in aerospace and automotive industry, packaging/paper industry or even in the area of pharmaceuticals.