Effective date: May 25, 2018
Phenom-World BV is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Phenom-World BV may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 25, 2018.
Phenom-World B.V., recently acquired by Thermo-Fisher Scientific, world leader in serving science, is the global number one manufacturer of desktop scanning electron microscopes (SEM), imaging and analysis packages. We continuously invest, develop and integrate our products to help customers improve their user-experience, system functionality and return-on-investment. From our HQ in Eindhoven we are selling our systems throughout a channel of 40 distributors located all over the world.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When personal information (e.g. name, e-mail address, work address, phone numbers and other contact information) is provided through the Phenom-World website or directly to us by e-mail you give consent to Phenom-World BV for:
- Processing and administering your personal data to perform all necessary actions to give effect to your request or instructions
Phenom-World may also collect the following information about you through our third parties (see list below):
- Your IP address.
- Geographical location.
- Which landing pages you click on (interests) Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site.
- Login information for authorized users, such as user names and encrypted passwords.
Cookies on this website
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. Information we receive from credit reference and fraud detection agencies or other third parties that may be used to verify your information will also be kept. We may ask you to complete surveys for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. We will also keep a record of your personal preferences related to events and information that you share with us with your consent via third parties such as Facebook or Twitter correspondence, testimonials, photos, blogs or customer satisfaction surveys that you may send us.
PURPOSES FOR DATA COLLECTION
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may share your information with a selected local Phenom-World representative to assist you in understanding our products or services.
- In connection with our marketing, sales and Customer support functions, we may collect publicly-available information about our Customers and provisioned users, which is used for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement.
The information will be stored for the time allowed by law and we delete them when they are no longer necessary.
The retention period depends on the nature of the information and the reason for storing. Therefore, it is not possible to specify a general timeframe for when information is deleted.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
There is, however, always a risk that unauthorised people, by force, may gain access to the information that is stored electronically. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security when data is transmitted over the Internet.
We may use de-identified and/or aggregate information derived from Personal Information, for any purposes, including:
- Analytics to understand how our website users and, other authorized users make use of our website and to make targeted offerings of certain services to our website users and authorized users;
- Information used to determine how to make improvements to our services and to develop new features, capabilities and ways of presenting data; and
- For commercial purposes, either for Phenom-World or for our local representatives.
We will take industry standard steps so that this de-identified and/or aggregate information cannot be connected to any particular individual.
EU PERSONAL INFORMATION
This section shall apply only in respect of Personal Information relating to individuals located in the EU (“EU Personal Information”).
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
In accordance with the purposes for which we collect and use EU Personal Information, as set out above, the legal basis for Phenom-World B.V. processing EU Personal Information will typically be one of the following:
- your consent;
- the performance of a contract that we have in place with you or other individuals;
- Phenom-World B.V. or our third parties’ legitimate business interests; or
- compliance with our legal obligations.
SHARING OF EU PERSONAL INFORMATION
Phenom-World Bv may share EU Personal Information with people within the company who have a “need to know” the information for business or legal reasons, for example, in order to carry out sales, customer support and administrative functions, such as processing an invoice or to direct a question that you have submitted to the relevant department at Phenom-World.
We may share EU Personal Information with third parties, including:
- Government and regulatory authorities, for example to respond to a legal request or comply with a legal obligation, in which case we will make reasonable efforts to give the relevant individual notice of the disclosure, provided we are able to identify the individual and are lawfully able to do so.
- We may share your information with a selected distributor in your geographic region to be able to answer your questions or facilitate a product demonstration.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to other third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS
You have right to be given a copy of any of your personal data held and processed by Phenom-World BV. You may object to the use of the information at any time. You may also revoke your consent to processing information about you. If the information we have is incorrect, you are entitled to have them corrected or deleted. If you wish insights or if you wish to complain about our processing of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RIGHT OF RECTIFICATION OR DELETION
If Phenom-World BV holds incorrect information about you which was originally submitted by you through this website, you have the right to have the data amended. Furthermore, you have the right to have any information you have sent to us via this website deleted. To request your right to rectification and/or deletion, please send your request to email@example.com.
Your request should include:
- Your name and address
- A description of the specific personal data you wish rectified.
Please note that Phenom-World BV is not required to rectify or delete your data when doing so would prevent you from meeting your contractual obligations to Phenom-World B.V.
THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE USED BY PHENOM-WORLD ON THE WEB AND IN APP
Effective Date: May 25,2018
Analytics, Advertising, Tracking and Social
- Google Tools
- (incl. but not limited to Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google AdWords)
Customer Relationship Management, Support and Sales Enhancement
- Feedback Manager
- Survery Monkey
Audio & Video Platforms with Analytics
Email Services & Marketing Automation
Online Chat Tools and Communication Platforms
- Zapier - Helps trigger data moves between platforms