Phenom-World has decided to take up production of the first batch of every new innovative product line to acquire all necessary knowledge for adequate out-contracting its manufacturing. You will execute the process and support towards creating the necessary data set for a reproducible product and a smooth transfer to our suppliers (a.o. the NTS-Group) for series production, as well the manufacturing of the first batch of said new innovative products to our distributors. You will report directly to the operations manager.
Job responsibilities and qualifications
- You will fabricate and test, in cooperation with R&D engineers, the first proto types and batches (around 30 systems in the first year) and fulfill production and production engineering. You are the organizer and as well the senior builder of the pilot products.
- You are responsible for the production and maintaining the production equipment.
- You will coordinate the whole production process with Phenom-World engineers and you will work closely together with the engineers of NTS.
- You will cooperate closely with product development, test and service engineers and production equipment design.
- Your focus is to get at the end of the pilot phase all required work instructions together with and an efficient production work flow design. To this end, you facilitate the daily learning process and you are able to adopt quickly to feedback from field tests. Detailed and accurate logging of all lessons is crucial.
- You will also prepare work instructions.
- You are capable to help the product developers to develop a manufacture product against an acceptable cost level.
- The Pilot Factory has an assembly area, a cleanroom and a test facility. You will take care of a clean and well-maintained workshop.
- Together with the operations manager you will make (yearly) plans for investments and improvements.
We are looking for a person who
- Successfully completed a technical study (in electronics, mechatronics, physics or mechanical engineering) MBO+/HBO level.
- Is an experienced assembler/trouble shooter in the high-tech industry.
- Brings in-depth knowledge of cleanroom procedures, vacuum technology and manufacturing.
- Is capable to translate development requirements into manufacturing specifications.
- Has working experience with Lean, Kaizen and/or World Class Manufacturing
- Is a capable counterpart for production equipment designer, project leader and product management.
- Has willingness to dive into a wide variation of production challenges
- Has a natural drive to do your work better every day. Aims to exceed expectations
- Has a natural drive to take responsibility/ownership to get the work done, stay focused and be pro -active.
- Loves it when there is lots of freedom in the job.
- Masters organizing skills and capable to cope with day to day changes in design.
- Sees cooperation and co-creation as key to success.
- Has strong communication skills, is straightforward and down to earth with a pragmatic approach.
- Is motivated doing precision assembly work.
- Masters the Dutch language.
What do we offer
- We have a talented group of passionate people whose daily enjoyment is as important as the work itself. We give our people the space and freedom they need to innovate and that is what makes us unique. You will feel “free to achieve”.
- A pleasant company culture with corporate values of engagement, entrepreneurship and working together.
- Plenty of room for your own initiative and professional development. Our aim is to create an organization with the least possible procedures and regulations.
- The opportunity to shape and be part of one of the fastest-growing hi-tech companies in The Netherlands.
- Not a single boring working day.
- A competitive set of employment terms, based on the CAO Metalektro, 27 holidays, 13 ADV days and a profit sharing scheme.
- Every day all our departments come together to enjoy a company-served lunch.
- A full-time position, 40 hours a week.