Phenom-World B.V. is the global number one manufacturer of desktop scanning electron microscopes (SEM) and imaging and analysis packages. From our HQ in Eindhoven we sell via 40 distributers all over the world and our company is growing rapidly. We are looking for a Customer Support Engineer who will strengthen our head-quarters team, that currently consists of 4 customer support engineers, but is expected to grow fast in the near future. Key-words for this function are: customer focus, continuous improvement, service training, product quality and communication.
Job responsibilities and qualifications
This challenging job consist of three key tasks. You will start with the so-called ‘support box’, where you offer technical support to our customers and distributors. As next steps, you will become technical trainer of field service engineers and also act as the interface to the R&D department, with focus on new product Introduction on continuous improvement initiatives.
1. Support Box
Providing technical support and service to our distributors and customers. You will work via phone, email and remote login. You will answer customer questions, help troubleshooting and assist customers in a professional, hospital and pro-active manner. Repairs of broken SEM systems or SEM parts will be occasionally part of your work.
2. Technical Training
Training and instruction of our distributors and customers on all aspects of system maintenance. You will perform this training in the Eindhoven training center and occasionally also on-site. Training contents obviously does include new products and upgrades. Together with colleagues, you are responsible for the development of the training material and knowledge transfer to the distributors and customers.
3. R&D Interface & Product Quality
You will act as interface between R&D and the customer service department. You will be actively engaged in our continuous improvement efforts. You are able to gather and provide feedback on product quality to your colleagues on a regular basis. For new products, you are able to prepare technical service instructions.
We are looking for a person who
- Successfully completed a BS degree (HBO) in Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience in a related job, preferably in high tech or with complex mechatronics systems. More experienced candidates are also very welcome.
- Has the desire and ambition to grow and learn continuously.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers remotely and face to face in a customer friendly/hospitable manner.
- Affinity with IT networks and Electronics.
- Position requires up to 5 -10 % travel. Possibly more in future.
- Has a natural independent drive to take responsibility/ownership to get the job done, stay focused and be pro-active.
- Is able to think innovative/ out-of-the box.
- Likes to work together with colleagues and has strong soft skills. Cooperation and co-creation are key to our success.
- Has strong communication skills, is down to earth and straightforward.
- Has good knowledge of English, verbal and written.
What do we offer
- We have a talented group of passionate people whose daily enjoyment is as important as the work itself. We give our people the space and freedom they need to innovate and that is what makes us unique. You will feel “free to achieve”.
- A pleasant company culture whose corporate values are engagement, entrepreneurship and working together.
- Plenty of room for own initiative and professional development. We aim for an organization with the least possible procedures and regulations.
- An opportunity to shape and be part of one of the fastest growing high-tech companies in The Netherlands.
- Not a single boring working day.
- A competitive set of employment terms, based on the CAO Metalektro, 27 holidays, 13 ADV days and a profit sharing scheme.
- Every day we enjoy our company served lunch, all departments (mixed) together.
- Fulltime 40 hours a week